Threats to sustained peace in Central Asia will be minimized by strengthening the relations between village population of cross-border districts in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. Their resilience to ideologies potentially leading to violent conflicts and extremism will be improved.
The project will achieve:
- Strong operational and institutional capacity of Kyrgyz and Tajik CSOs working in the cross-border area.
- Improved coordination and networking among them;
- Practical and effective operation of community-based structures as platforms for dialogue to establish community security, social development and community mobilization;
- Engagement of women, youth, and traditional leaders in cross-border confidence-building and in constructively addressing conflict;
- Improved cross-border cooperation in the economic field.
- Strengthen relevant operational and institutional capacities of Kyrgyz and Tajik CSOs.
- Create an Adult Training Center and a Community Learning and Development Center (ATC/CLDC) on both sides of the border as platforms for dialogue to build community security, social development and community mobilization that can also be used as a ground for cooperation between state and non-state actors.
- Establish offers of global citizenship education, education on countering violent extremism, and on community security dialogue.
- Support mutual economic interests and cooperation of Kyrgyz and Tajik communities and develop joint businesses.
Conflict sensitivity and a do-no-harm approach will form the main underlying principle during project implementation. Special attention will be paid to the involvement of women and youth through Global Citizenship Education (GCED) and Academy of Peace programs and not less than 50% of Project participants will be females. Local administrations will be involved in identifying the project participants. Modules related to human rights will be part of all the project’s training programs.
- Plenipotentiary Representation of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic in Batken province;
- Administration of Sughd province of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- State Administration of Batken district;
- Executive Committee (Khukumat) of Isfara town and district;
- State Agency on Physical Culture, Sport and Youth Policy under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic (province and district departments);
- State Border Service of the Kyrgyz Republic (Batken regional Department);
- Association of Legal Entities «JIA Business Association»
- Local Administration of Isfara district (Khukumat)