The partnership activities of the NGO "Republican Center for Socio-Economic Development of the Republican Center for Social and Economic Development of the Republican Center for Social and Economic Development of the SABR" and DVV International Uzbekistan have been carried out for 9 years (since 2013). During this period, projects with a total value of more than 200 thousand euros have been implemented. The main idea of cooperation is to improve the quality of training in professional skills and the provision of educational services to socially vulnerable segments of the population. In Urgut, Akdarya districts and the city of Samarkand, the first projects were aimed at supporting the organizational and institutional development of the SABR; improving the well-being and quality of life of women and girls from low-income families. In the last 3-4 years, support has been more focused on supporting the organizational development of NGO "SABR" and an informal network of Local Development Centers (IDCs) under the umbrella of NGO "SABR". The main achievement of this organization is the fact that since 2013 it has gone from implementing projects at the micro level to influencing the development of ALE in Uzbekistan at the macro level.
The following areas are supported:
- organizational and institutional development of the RCSED “SABR”;
- trainings with the project executors (mentors of the LDC, employees of the RCSER "SABR") on such topics as "Organization and methods of adult education";
- development of training modules in professional areas with the involvement of specialists; lectures, seminars, trainings and consultations with the interested environment of the RCSER "SABR";
- advanced training of managerial staff and mentors;
- equipping several LDCs with the necessary equipment;
- study trips for SABR employees to different countries to study foreign experience;
- assessment of the network by external experts; 2 international conferences, round tables, workshops;
- preparation and publication of 2 brochures: "Recommendations for the creation of local development centers based on the experience of NGO "SABR" (Samarkand, 2019) and "Local development centers
- an innovative approach to improve the well-being of rural residents through non-formal learning" (Samarkand, 2020).
Projects implemented with the support of DVV International in 2013 - 2021
Name of the project
Support for the development of sustainable livelihoods of the local community and improvement of living standards in rural areas
57 women and girls received professional skills
Support for the development of sustainable livelihoods of the local community and improvement of living standards in rural areas through the activities of the LDC
July 2014 -
40 girls and women
acquired professional skills
Support for the organizational development of the RC SER "SABR" and instilling professional skills in socially vulnerable segments of the population with an emphasis on girls and women
August 2015 -
618 people received professional skills.
Social innovations to increase the competitiveness of vulnerable groups of the population
October 2018 –
24 people from 5 regions attended master classes in 6 professional areas. 18 employees of the center were trained on the creation of the LDC.
Increasing the organizational capacity of NGOs to create Local Development Centers
July - December 2019
Trainings on the creation of the LDC were held for 18 people. International Forum in Samarkand (about 100 people)
Expansion of the network of Local Development Centers in the Republic of Uzbekistan
April 2020 – November 2020
A brochure was published and a study was carried out to study the needs of the target groups. Round table - 44 people. Master classes and ToT were attended by 58 people.
Organizational development of the network of Local Development Centers and promotion of the entry of the city of Samarkand into the global network of learning cities
June 2021 – December 2021
3 training sessions for members of 13 LDCs (97 participants in total).
Evaluation of the LDC network by external experts, workshop and report with recommendations for further development of the network.
International conference in Tashkent (176 participants).
The results of the completed projects have shown that Local Development Centers (LDCs) can play a vital role, especially in rural areas, in the development of non-formal training in vocational skills and skills related to the employment of the poor, in attracting those beneficiaries who would like to continue their studies. continue to study for the purpose of further employment.