Since 2002, within the framework of intergovernmental agreement between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Federal Republic of Germany, the German Adult Education Association (DVV) Uzbekistan has been operating in the country, with the financial support from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the European Union. DVV International Uzbekistan works in partnership with the respective ministries and government agencies as well as representatives of non-government, non-profit and international organizations.
Main focus of work
- expanding access to education;
- developing quality education initiatives and trainings for vulnerable groups of the population;
- advancing organizational capacity of partner organizations;
- building an effective system of ALE;
- sharing best practices/expertise and providing technical advisory support;
- promoting the concept of lifelong learning.
DVV International in Uzbekistan:
- promotes ALE ideas and the importance of non-formal education in the 21st century. In this regards, the organization organized conferences in 2003, 2010, 2011, 2018 and informal meetings "Tashkent Evenings", as well as prepared respective publications.
- annually conducts events to facilitate the exchange of experience between specialists from different countries. Thereby, local specialists have the opportunity to participate in the national and international seminars and conferences on topical issues on ALE and lifelong education.
- supported over 80 partner organizations on enhancing their organization potential, training quality and delivered professional development courses for several thousan d people
Agenda of United Nations 2030 - the contribution to youth and adult education
DVV International considers education as a lifelong learning process and a pivotal element for the successful implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 2030. Training and education initiative for youth and adults significantly contributes to accomplishing SDGs, as the latter are interdependent and mutually supportive. DVV International pays particular attention to achieving Goal 4, “Ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education and promoting lifelong learning opportunities for all”.
Training and education of youth and adults covers the longest stage of life, offers services with a high degree of accessibility and can include programs from various disciplines. ALE initiatives allow to advance professional competencies, civic education, cultural development which are required in the labor market.
Download booklet in english.
Download booklet in uzbek.
Download booklet in russian.
Learn more on DVV International projects in Uzbekistan.
PartnersDVV International in Uzbekistan cooperates with state, non-governmental and international organizations. Important state partners are the Centers of Culture and Leisure of the Population under the Ministry of Culture of Uzbekistan. Non-governmental partners include the NGO “SABR”, “Umid”, the NGO “INTILISH”, the Federation of Extreme and Mountain Tourism of Uzbekistan (FEGTU), the Republican Social and Informational Center “Istiqbolli Avlod”, the Information and Consulting Resource Center “Yuksalish” of the Kashkadarya Region, Republican Social Informational Center "Istiqbolli Avlod", a branch of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, as well as the Surkhandarya social and educational center "Barkaror Khayot" of the Surkhandarya region and the Adult Education Association of Uzbekistan. International partners are the UNESCO Office in Uzbekistan, the Delegation of the European Union in Uzbekistan, the Fund named after Konrad Adenauer, The German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) and others.
Learn more on DVV International partners in Uzbekistan.